Forum Index > Talk to Admins > Downtime

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Downtime

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:26 pm

Has this site really been down for 2 months? I assumed tmo would notice and let me know.

Not sure how to proceed at this point. Taking suggestions, assuming anyone is still out there to suggest anything.
User avatar
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2001 9:35 pm
Location: Nuklear HQ

Re: Downtime

Postby keu on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:35 am

Given that all realms are finished, I guess everybody is just waiting for a reset :wink:
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Downtime

Postby SoupOrMan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:34 am

Hard to contact the admins to let them know the site is down when the site is down :-D

I'd recommend giving people a little time, maybe 5 days, to notice you're back in business. In that time decide a date the next round will go live, try to spread the word appropriately, and whenever next round begins people will get their LORD on again.

Cheers
User avatar
SoupOrMan
Small Bear
Small Bear
SoupOrMan
  @Green Realm
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:54 am

Re: Downtime

Postby the mystical one on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm

tmo has been stupid busy for three months, so...
Image
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
User avatar
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 10:25 pm
Location: Pennsylvanialand

Re: Downtime

Postby keu on Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:01 pm

SoupOrMan wrote:I'd recommend giving people a little time, maybe 5 days, to notice you're back in business.


That's why this place has that real smart e-mail alert service... ::oneeye::
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Downtime

Postby blue dragon on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:28 am

Please send out email and tweet and reset.
blue dragon
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior
Pink dragon
  @Red Realm
Pink dragon
  @Test Realm
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Re: Downtime

Postby exitzero on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:38 pm

...
User avatar
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Downtime

Postby Sir FB on Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 am

Wow, this place is still here? Hey TMO, , reset the fucking realms already :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon: :dragon:
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
User avatar
Sir FB
Who?
Who?
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:14 pm
Location: In your face

Re: Downtime

Postby a fishstick on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:33 pm

Le roi, c'est mort.
User avatar
a fishstick
Slock
Slock
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:08 am
Location: TX

Re: Downtime

Postby Sir FB on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:46 pm

Image
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
User avatar
Sir FB
Who?
Who?
 
Posts: 2943
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:14 pm
Location: In your face

Re: Downtime

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:42 pm

I can reset the realms if tmo's not around, but (afaik) don't have access to his email list to notify everyone.
User avatar
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2001 9:35 pm
Location: Nuklear HQ

Re: Downtime

Postby exitzero on Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:34 am

That's fine... I think if it doesn't get reset now while you're around, it'll never get reset. If it was me, I'd reset it today. Really no notice required since there's probably about 10 people max who even play this game anymore, unfortunately.
User avatar
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Downtime

Postby keu on Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:52 pm

Yeah, please do.
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Downtime

Postby blue dragon on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:27 am

So the site is back up and the test realm was working but.... now telnet cannot connect for the past 3 or 4 days. I am sure I will be deleted from the realm again. Not being ugly here but is this site sadly going away?
blue dragon
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior
Pink dragon
  @Red Realm
Pink dragon
  @Test Realm
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Re: Downtime

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:41 am

blue dragon wrote:So the site is back up and the test realm was working but.... now telnet cannot connect for the past 3 or 4 days. I am sure I will be deleted from the realm again. Not being ugly here but is this site sadly going away?


It is, and has been for years. Should we keep starting new rounds until there are only a few people left?

I'd like to stop maintaining this at some point, but would like to preserve whatever community is left. Any suggestions?

Also, when should the new round start? We should probably decide on a date and just post it on the site.
User avatar
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-
 
Posts: 652
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2001 9:35 pm
Location: Nuklear HQ

Re: Downtime

Postby keu on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:42 am

Nuke Skyjumper wrote:It is, and has been for years. Should we keep starting new rounds until there are only a few people left?

I'd like to stop maintaining this at some point, but would like to preserve whatever community is left. Any suggestions?

Also, when should the new round start? We should probably decide on a date and just post it on the site.


Falk's site has a well functioning Lord setup, which probably would be the best alternative. Problem is to get people to move there instead of just quit playing.

As for the new round, I'm tempted to say New Year, but if you can't access the email alert, one week should probably be needed for people to notice. So suggesting Friday 5th.
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Downtime

Postby blue dragon on Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:38 am

Nuke Skyjumper wrote:
blue dragon wrote:So the site is back up and the test realm was working but.... now telnet cannot connect for the past 3 or 4 days. I am sure I will be deleted from the realm again. Not being ugly here but is this site sadly going away?


It is, and has been for years. Should we keep starting new rounds until there are only a few people left?

I'd like to stop maintaining this at some point, but would like to preserve whatever community is left. Any suggestions?

Also, when should the new round start? We should probably decide on a date and just post it on the site.


I for one will be sorry to see this site go, but I can understand the maintenance side too. Thanks for all the great years that you have had this site going. It has been a blast form the bbs past for sure. Maybe do a final round? Let everyone have one last go :-)
blue dragon
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior
Pink dragon
  @Red Realm
Pink dragon
  @Test Realm
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:18 pm

Re: Downtime

Postby exitzero on Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:02 pm

I wish we could just implement falks setup on here. Maintenance free. Or even just have a forum here redirecting people to falk's site. Perhaps have the telnet say nuklear is shut down with a link to falks site.

http://lord.gear.host I'll start playing there again when a new round starts.
User avatar
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: Downtime

Postby keu on Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:54 am

exitzero wrote:I wish we could just implement falks setup on here. Maintenance free. Or even just have a forum here redirecting people to falk's site. Perhaps have the telnet say nuklear is shut down with a link to falks site.


Yeah, a redirect would probably be a good idea. There should probably be some documentation at Falk's site, now the changes and all relevant stuff are baked into the Nuke forums. Also some kind of admin contact possibility would be needed in case there's some real downtime or such, to avoid yet another limbo.
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Turku, Finland

Re: Downtime

Postby keu on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 am

exitzero wrote:http://lord.gear.host I'll start playing there again when a new round starts.


Just as a heads-up, the Forest realm will restart there in a few days.
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:28 pm
Location: Turku, Finland

Next

Return to Talk to Admins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron