Forum Index > Talk to Admins > Resurrection Kills

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Resurrection Kills

Postby exitzero on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:11 pm

I was wondering if it is a feasible process to disable resurrecting players that don't log in after 3 or 6 days?

I was also wondering if maybe we could take a voting poll asking whether we should disable them or not?

Perhaps we could have a trial run with them disabled in Green and Red?
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Re: Resurrection Kills

Postby injektilo on Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:30 am

This has been discussed a lot in the past, particularly by the who can't play at midnight. Most people want resurrects spread throughout the day. Removing them would slow the game down further, so that's one disadvantage.

You can create a poll on any post, but I doubt you'll get many responses or if it's worth changing. I'm guessing it's not a simple thing for tmo to do.
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Grandma on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:01 am

Bad idea. They are part of the game and very good exp source for me kind of fast player who is able to play at Midnight everyday. And it's fun to rush to steal others' kills when I don't need exp myself. :P
Grandma
Headbanger of the West
Headbanger of the West

Postby exitzero on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:26 am

It becomes kind of ridiculously one sided when there is one sole person willing to sacrifice sleep to habitually steal all the res kills 99% of the time, then suicide to something.

Plus, res kills are the primary reason why the double kill bug comes up, where people rush to get the res kills and it turns into the kill dying to two or more people.

I just figured it would be easier to just disable resurrections altogether (which might be able to be done in the LORD config file if I'm not mistaken) than to try to reconfigure the code into having players resurrect randomly throughout the day. Also disabling them entirely (with the main consequence being a slightly longer round) just seems the most fair.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby exitzero on Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:12 pm

Honestly, I would even be content with letting res kills happen on say day 7, where the player is about to expire anyway. Then res kills could still happen, but not as often.

This way the round won't be as slow as with them disabled completely, but also we'd have a fairer round, where the system we have now seems to put the 1 person who tends to steal the majority of the res kills unreasonably ahead of everyone else.

If no one else agrees with me though then I'll live with how things currently are and won't mention it again. I just thought I'd bring the topic up to see if anyone else agreed with me.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby Jessrond on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:36 am

Grandma wrote:Bad idea. They are part of the game and very good exp source for me kind of fast player who is able to play at Midnight everyday. And it's fun to rush to steal others' kills when I don't need exp myself. :P

It's not fun for those that are not you
Jessrond
Wans Beast
Wans Beast
Chad Vader
  @Blue Realm
Itchman
  @Green Realm
Halder
  @Red Realm

Postby a fishstick on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:42 pm

He's retiring again. Let it be.
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby exitzero on Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:38 pm

Retiring or "retiring"? Let's just hope this time he's gone for good. Good riddance.

Honestly I feel that he does everything in his power to piss off everyone else. He's already driven at least two people away, probably more.

NaLLe/Warrior/Gorilla/Grandma, you've done a lot of good for this community in the past as an admin. But your behavior during this past year and a half or so has been particularly unsavory.

Please retire in a blaze of glory rather than a parasite on the community that just won't go away.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby Grandma on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:19 am

Of course I retire! 5 wins in my last two rounds and 9 in total, I have nothing else to prove! I also got my revenge in form of lots of problems caused. So this is absolutely my last round. I'm happy to retire as winner! 8)
Grandma
Headbanger of the West
Headbanger of the West

Postby Jessrond on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:07 pm

a fishstick wrote:He's retiring again. Let it be.

Are you coming back Fisho?
Jessrond
Wans Beast
Wans Beast
Chad Vader
  @Blue Realm
Itchman
  @Green Realm
Halder
  @Red Realm

Return to Talk to Admins