Forum Index > Talk to Admins > Cannot Connect

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Cannot Connect

Postby lkaplon on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:07 am

Hello,

It's been a long time and an operating system upgrade (XP to Win 7) since I last played and I'm having some issues. First, when I click the "Click to Play LORD" button, the anchor window opens and then I click "Connect to LORD". A window opens for a VERY brief second and then closes. Second, I downloaded PuTTY to see if I could connect that way and it brings up the login screen, but when I put in my login name and hit enter it says "Disconnected: No supported authentication methods available (server sent publickey)"

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong and/or suggestions to fix it? I really miss playing.

Thank you.
lkaplon
Small Bear
Small Bear

Re: Cannot Connect

Postby the mystical one on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Currently between rounds because I'm a horrible slacker who has had no time to sit and take the [literal] three or so minutes to get this thing reset, but is your broswer blocking Java?
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby lkaplon on Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:57 pm

the mystical one,

No. I actually figured that one out on my own. It actually took a while and a trip to the Java help site, to get that one figured out. (You should have seen the help post I was working on before I figured it out :) ) But, I have Java enabled and listed as an exception everywhere that it needs to be. I get the "connect to LORD" button, after saying "run" to a security prompt. And a window does open, but only for the briefest of seconds and then closes. Java's solution was to post here and see if anyone else was having the same problem and they could provide a solution or I could post there. I chose to post here since it was specific to this host (am I using that word right?).

Also, with regards to PuTTY: I was on their help site and did figure out partial solution. However, it did not work. I now get the message "server refused our key"' as well as the disconnect message.

Glancing over at the smilies I saw this one and thought it was appropriate: ::banghead::

Thanks for the thought. I wish it had helped.

lkaplon
lkaplon
Small Bear
Small Bear

Postby the mystical one on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:13 am

If using putty, use telnet port 10420 (or 10421). Sounds like you were using SSH. Not sure about the Java. That was all handled by Nuke Skyjumper
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby lkaplon on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:17 am

the mystic one,
Okay, I switched to telnet. At first I used the numbers you gave me but it didn't work. Just on the off chance it might work I left the port at 23 which is what it was when I clicked on telnet. IT WORKED! I'm back in the game! :dancing:

Thank you so much for your help!

lkaplon
lkaplon
Small Bear
Small Bear

Return to Talk to Admins