Forum Index > Talk to Admins > How'd you find this place?

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

How did I find nuklear.org?

Google/Yahoo/etc
60%
A friend
30%
Other site
4%
Other forum
2%
Yo' momma. (explain below :)
4%

Total votes : 141

How'd you find this place?

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Sun May 22, 2005 2:37 am

I'm curious... I really should have asked everyone this during the login-creation procedure, but for some reason, the thought didn't enter my mind.

Nothing scientific... just curiosity. I stumbled onto the site *accidentally* last week when googling for dialup BBSes

And no, I'm not asking this for Ad-related reasons :x. Screw advertising!
(unless we somehow need it to survive :()
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Postby El Castrador on Sun May 22, 2005 9:52 am

tmo told me about it something like 4 or 5 years ago, then I stopped because I was stuck on dialup, then I came back.

If you are going to be doing advertising, or even just thinking about it, you should look into google adsense.
tmo wrote:Something is amusing about a spam mail entitiled, "Want to be a hero in bed?" that is sent to the lord email account.

Manex wrote:Now tell me how much I want to bang my mom you dirty, dirty girl. :wink:
El Castrador
apparently I torture animals?

Postby Electra on Sun May 22, 2005 9:54 am

Ewwww. Dialup. The days where connecting to the internet took 20 minutes. :evil:
Electra
Polite Police
Polite Police

Postby El Castrador on Sun May 22, 2005 9:56 am

Yeah. Going from dialup to RIT's connection (mmm, dual OC3s) then back to dialup sucked.

Hell, I have cable right now and I think it's slow.
tmo wrote:Something is amusing about a spam mail entitiled, "Want to be a hero in bed?" that is sent to the lord email account.

Manex wrote:Now tell me how much I want to bang my mom you dirty, dirty girl. :wink:
El Castrador

Postby Hidden Imp on Sun May 22, 2005 12:32 pm

i think this is how it went down:

TheUrinator (mcchazem's brother) found it on a search...
so he told mcchazem, me, deathjester, and Joe the Ghost
we then told cookiejar thief and pup.

i think that's it.
-back to the corner
Hidden Imp
Corner Ambassador
Corner Ambassador

Postby MudP!3 on Sun May 22, 2005 2:35 pm

Got it when searching, on google, for active site still running LORD. It was the first link =)
MudP!3
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death

Postby Amadeus on Sun May 22, 2005 7:13 pm

A friend of mine who used to play with me in the old days at BBSs told me about this place.

Funny thing is that he left just a few weeks later, and never came back again.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Ugly Duckling on Sun May 22, 2005 8:05 pm

I think I might have made an error... I thought you were talking about this most recent forum so I said, "Other forum" thinking it is what was you were asking.. Now I realize you just wanted to know where I found the 'other forum' meaning the old one, and this one...or just Nuklear.org in general.

So therein my answer lies with Google/Yahoo. I think it was a yahoo then because someone here made me a Google person....(thank you Chilicat) and so thats that.

PS--Nuklear.org was either the first hit in the search titled "Legend of the Red Dragon" or it was the only cool one. ;)

I do know for a fact it couldn't have been past the 5th link down on the first page of results.
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Ram on Tue May 24, 2005 8:45 am

I found out about this sight from my brother who searched for a place to play lord online with yahoo.....he was remembering back to the days when he playe lord on my uncles bbs but i was too young....
25 rounds, 71 :dragon:
Overall Avg: 2.84 DK / Round | Last 3 Avg: 4.00 DK / Round | Wins: 2
Physucks :D
Ram
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Postby Angel on Tue May 24, 2005 2:05 pm

Did a search on google or yahoo, I can't remember which for Lord sites. Was just bored one night and wanted to see if the game was still going on. First one found was Nuklear. :D
Dance, as if no one were watching.
Sing, as if no one were listening.
And live every day as if it might be your last.
~Unknown
Angel
Evil Wood Nymph
Evil Wood Nymph

Postby PrinceAuron on Thu May 26, 2005 6:51 pm

Googled at my cousin's house because we wanted to find out if we could download the game. We are desperate for LORD. Then just found the site. :)! THANK GOD I FOUND IT! Missed playing it since I was 6.
PrinceAuron
Huge Stone Warrior
Huge Stone Warrior

Postby Angelic One on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:57 pm

my douchebag ex "boyfriend" used to play every night, I thought it was a NERD game then I got addicted lol now I don't talk to him but I play lord all the time....lol wish I was better then I am but Its only like my 3 round off and on so I am getting there....thankfully the loser plays in the red realm and I am in green so its nice....anyway... :roll:
Angelic One
Membrain Man
Membrain Man

Postby Ugly Duckling on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:23 pm

Angelic One wrote:my douchebag ex "boyfriend" used to play every night, I thought it was a NERD game then I got addicted lol now I don't talk to him but I play lord all the time....lol wish I was better then I am but Its only like my 3 round off and on so I am getting there....thankfully the loser plays in the red realm and I am in green so its nice....anyway... :roll:

You don't have to be so cruel..
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Angelic One on Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:32 pm

Sorry he was really mean to me....Love can be so cruel hehehe....I am not usually cruel....The only good thing from him was finding LORD and thats sad to say from knowing someone for almost a year
Angelic One
Membrain Man
Membrain Man

Postby Ugly Duckling on Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:11 am

Angelic One wrote:Sorry he was really mean to me....Love can be so cruel hehehe....I am not usually cruel....The only good thing from him was finding LORD and thats sad to say from knowing someone for almost a year

I suppose I stuck out my neck to support him just because I'm a man and I probably feel his pain in one way or another. I'm a loser myself, in the eyes of many I know...so therein lies my sympahty. (And also I've been accused of being mean to a lot of girls...on here actually..on Nuklear Lord) I never dated them, but I might as well have..

We all make mistakes. And redemption is always around the corner. After a while though the mind and soul gets stubborn and it no longer feels the need to reflect or reach out in the ways they could or maybe, should.

If he was mean to you then you have the right to not want him in your life. However, I believe based on my own bias experience..that if someone truly does show the effort to redeem themselves...then you really have no right to deny them of that redemption.

That is this man's thoughts on that..

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Silver Girl on Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:53 am

Angelic One wrote: I thought it was a NERD game then I got addicted lol now I don't talk to him but I play lord all the time

it IS a nerd game and now you're one of us. welcome welcome.
"i do not mean to upset people, allcock, but i have to speak my mind because what is in my mind
is always more interesting than what is happening in the world outside my mind."

-johnny depp in 'the libertine'
Silver Girl
Lay Queen
Lay Queen

Postby Amadeus on Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:42 pm

Ugly Duckling wrote:
Angelic One wrote:Sorry he was really mean to me....Love can be so cruel hehehe....I am not usually cruel....The only good thing from him was finding LORD and thats sad to say from knowing someone for almost a year

I suppose I stuck out my neck to support him just because I'm a man and I probably feel his pain in one way or another. I'm a loser myself, in the eyes of many I know...so therein lies my sympahty. (And also I've been accused of being mean to a lot of girls...on here actually..on Nuklear Lord) I never dated them, but I might as well have..

We all make mistakes. And redemption is always around the corner. After a while though the mind and soul gets stubborn and it no longer feels the need to reflect or reach out in the ways they could or maybe, should.

If he was mean to you then you have the right to not want him in your life. However, I believe based on my own bias experience..that if someone truly does show the effort to redeem themselves...then you really have no right to deny them of that redemption.

That is this man's thoughts on that..

Aaaaaaargh
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby the mystical one on Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:39 pm

Whoa. Holy necropost.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Mindslicer on Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:16 pm

I've got three friends who play and got me to try it out. Knowing them, they probably don't even know the forums exist. :D
Mindslicer
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death

Postby Nightprowler on Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:18 pm

Dude that was awsome, very well said, lol you want to talk to a ex friend of mine for me lmao

That is this man's thoughts on that..[/quote]
Nightprowler
Young Wizard
Young Wizard

Next

Return to Talk to Admins