Forum Index > Fair play > camping check, nalle/bully in red

Someone breaking the rules? Need to vent about it? Duelkilled unfairly? Talk about it here. Anything regarding rules, rulebreaking, or bugs should go here.

Moderators: ChiliCat, Board Moderators

camping check, nalle/bully in red

Postby Maverick1978 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:43 am

Just putting this out there for discussion but I would like to submit nalle as a camper in red as defined by no significant progress being made. He is a top quality player and multiple round winner. He is a former mod who is intimately familiar with the rules, and he is, imo, purposefully flaunting them. There is no way that he has daily played the entire round and not had a dk. I submit that he is not trying to dk, which is the ultimate goal of our rules here, but is playing solely to duel kill players while not trying to do anything other than dying daily to the dragon. I wouldnt be surprised if no skill attacks were being used at all.

What say you mods? - is he legitimately trying to the dragon, or just players? How far do we let someone go and flaunt the line of the rules while ignoring the reason they were created in the first place?

Im curious for your thoughts. In my 6 years here ive not seen anyone push thus button. Would love to see a discussion on this, possibly even a rule addition? - dunno.
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Re: camping check, nalle/bully in red

Postby Vee on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:23 am

Maverick1978 wrote:Just putting this out there for discussion but I would like to submit nalle as a camper in red as defined by no significant progress being made. He is a top quality player and multiple round winner. He is a former mod who is intimately familiar with the rules, and he is, imo, purposefully flaunting them. There is no way that he has daily played the entire round and not had a dk. I submit that he is not trying to dk, which is the ultimate goal of our rules here, but is playing solely to duel kill players while not trying to do anything other than dying daily to the dragon. I wouldnt be surprised if no skill attacks were being used at all.

What say you mods? - is he legitimately trying to the dragon, or just players? How far do we let someone go and flaunt the line of the rules while ignoring the reason they were created in the first place?

Im curious for your thoughts. In my 6 years here ive not seen anyone push thus button. Would love to see a discussion on this, possibly even a rule addition? - dunno.

I personally don't care at this point and while it is annoying I do get a laugh or two out of it when I get caught out. I just try not to play when he does.
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Warrior on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:52 am

Here is my duel-kill list, isn't it beautiful!?!?

Gorilla has killed Bob the slayer in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Whitewolf in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Red R00m in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Penelope in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Mrbillsbad4u in an Online Duel!

Gorilla has killed Locke in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Condor in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Pink dragon in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Earthling in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Maverick in an Online Duel!

Gorilla has killed Riojarianza in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Bob the slayer in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Gorilla has killed Penelope in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Gorilla has killed Whitewolf in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Gorilla has killed Someone in an Online Duel!

Gorilla has killed Blackhawk in an Online Duel!
Gorilla has killed Locke in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Gorilla has killed Someone in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Gorilla has killed Blackhawk in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Gorilla has killed Stiletto in an Online Duel!

Bully has killed ohhhmyyy in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Earthling in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Bully has killed Tomal in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Saxypad in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Tomal in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)

Bully has killed Byworryn in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Firefly in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Hildebrand in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed exit(zero) in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Pink dragon in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)

Bully has killed Condor in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Bully has killed Jaquand in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed exit(zero) in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Bully has killed Stiletto in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Bully has killed Bajskorv in an Online Duel!

Bully has killed Merlin in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Donald in an Online Duel!
Bully has killed Whitewolf in an Online Duel! (3rd kill)
Bully has killed Maverick in an Online Duel! (2nd kill)
Bully has killed Bajskorv in an Online Duel! (2nd kill) - 40th duel kill!

"Not having DK" is bullshit, I got one earlier as Gorilla but let my character to expire because I wasn't interested in winning Red Realm again. I have done it in 70 days and that's enough for me.
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby Vee on Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:59 am

Warrior wrote:Here is my duel-kill list, isn't it beautiful!?!?

"Not having DK" is bullshit, I got one earlier as Gorilla but let my character to expire because I wasn't interested in winning Red Realm again. I have done it in 70 days and that's enough for me.

It's absolutely smashing, penis :P
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby exitzero on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:28 am

Yet 40+ days of playing a 2nd character (after letting the first one expire) hasn't rendered the self-proclaimed best player in the realm a DK?

Luck must really not be on your side, as we know you're certainly actively trying to get that DK. :dragon: ::wub::

exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby Maverick1978 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 am

Vee wrote:I personally don't care at this point and while it is annoying I do get a laugh or two out of it when I get caught out. I just try not to play when he does.

As do we all... truth be told, I had an ironic laugh about it yesterday, myself. Mainly because I knew that he just took me out of contention for the round, and that I was playing at a time that he's rarely been seen playing (11pm Nuklear). But the fact remains that he is purposefully treading the line of the rules, ignoring the intent that created the rules to begin with, simply to go about having his fun with PK's. And even though he let his original character expire, he's had plenty of time to garner a DK since then, and should have had time to easily be at 100/40 (or higher) right now. It rarely takes so much gear for a first DK... yet it's plenty of gear to go about hunting players.

Again, I've never seen someone play Red in quite this manner, so blatantly disregarding the rules and their intent. If it were a new player and NOT nalle (or any other long-term player), I wouldn't feel as if the rules were being flaunted here. Because it's nalle, a former mod and top player, yeah, I honestly feel as if he's doing this just to get hammered again. To be the sole cause of multiple rule changes/additions. And I'm quite curious what the mods think about the issue
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby Vee on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Maverick1978 wrote:As do we all... truth be told, I had an ironic laugh about it yesterday, myself. Mainly because I knew that he just took me out of contention for the round, and that I was playing at a time that he's rarely been seen playing (11pm Nuklear). But the fact remains that he is purposefully treading the line of the rules, ignoring the intent that created the rules to begin with, simply to go about having his fun with PK's. And even though he let his original character expire, he's had plenty of time to garner a DK since then, and should have had time to easily be at 100/40 (or higher) right now. It rarely takes so much gear for a first DK... yet it's plenty of gear to go about hunting players.

Again, I've never seen someone play Red in quite this manner, so blatantly disregarding the rules and their intent. If it were a new player and NOT nalle (or any other long-term player), I wouldn't feel as if the rules were being flaunted here. Because it's nalle, a former mod and top player, yeah, I honestly feel as if he's doing this just to get hammered again. To be the sole cause of multiple rule changes/additions. And I'm quite curious what the mods think about the issue

I'm guessing he's trying to make a point? :). He must put some real thought into the whole thing, I'm pretty impressed actually :P.

I wonder what would happen if you took away all the rules in Red Realm?
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Maverick1978 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Oh, I wholeheartedly agree - he's put alot of thought into it. With what he's doing, he win whether the mods do something about it, and he wins if they let him continue. Either he'll get another rule change caused just because of him, or he'll have found a successful loop-hole in the rules for which he and certain other types of players can exploit forevermore (or until the mods do something about it). It IS quite ingenious.

So far as a rule-free realm, I'm actually all for it. That's what I viewed Test Realm as, a rule-free realm, where the only thing you couldn't do was cheat. I used to like playing there, and always did play it when it was open. But Red has rules. With the creation of rules comes the obligation of enforcing them, imo.

That said, I have a life, and I know that the mods do too :) I'm in no hurry... as I said, he's pretty much ruined my chances of being in contention for a win. And even then they were slim, as fishie is a good player who doesn't make mistakes- my chances depended upon him having bad luck and me having good luck.

I brought this up, publicly, more hoping for the discussion than anything. As I said, I've never seen another player exploit the rules and not get flagged before.
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby Vee on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Maverick1978 wrote:Oh, I wholeheartedly agree - he's put alot of thought into it. With what he's doing, he win whether the mods do something about it, and he wins if they let him continue. Either he'll get another rule change caused just because of him, or he'll have found a successful loop-hole in the rules for which he and certain other types of players can exploit forevermore (or until the mods do something about it). It IS quite ingenious.

So far as a rule-free realm, I'm actually all for it. That's what I viewed Test Realm as, a rule-free realm, where the only thing you couldn't do was cheat. I used to like playing there, and always did play it when it was open. But Red has rules. With the creation of rules comes the obligation of enforcing them, imo.

That said, I have a life, and I know that the mods do too :) I'm in no hurry... as I said, he's pretty much ruined my chances of being in contention for a win. And even then they were slim, as fishie is a good player who doesn't make mistakes- my chances depended upon him having bad luck and me having good luck.

I brought this up, publicly, more hoping for the discussion than anything. As I said, I've never seen another player exploit the rules and not get flagged before.

Bully ruined my chances of getting anywhere in there around day 2 lol.. then again at some other time. My M and T skills are also shite from memory. Not sure where I stand in there at all to be honest.. or Blue for that matter. I'm having more luck over at stabs, but the competitive nature just doesn't seem to be there at the moment which means the win I might get in G1 kinda feels like a handover.

I really feel like online dueling others when I'm in Red Realm, but I just can't bring myself to doing it for some reason... I was sooo close the other day, but I'm worried I might really enjoy it and start pulling a Bully on everyone lol. Especially since I've only had 2 hours sleep.... 6 over the last 3 days! I even feel like going on a killing spree in real life right now! You'll be feeling good about living on the other side of the world right now :P.

So.. Bring back Test Realm then?

Btw.. I actually really don't know what the rules are in any of these games and just play how I would normally play and hope for the best.. I haven't been warned yet so I can only assume I'm doing everything right :).

V
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Maverick1978 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:53 am

.pin drop

Well, apparently that's my answer. Apparently nalle isn't camping. Apparently it's ok for him to do what he's doing: to flaunt the rules of the site. To disregard the spirit of good will and fair play that spawned the rules in the first place. To knowingly and purposefully disrupt the flow of the game. To spit in the eyes of the mod team as well as each and every person that plays on and uses this site. Apparently all of that is ok.

Playing the way that he is, if this were a new player, we'd be coaching him. If he were a new player, we'd be talking to him about camping. About the goal being to kill the dragon, etc. And if he ignored that advice and continued to be disruptive, he would be hammered by the mod team (it's been done before). But because this is nalle, and we all know that nalle already knows ALL of this, we allow him to play this way, to do these things, to disrupt the game simply because he is playing like a newb? Why the double-standard? In my 6 years here, I've never seen a newb carry on like nalle is doing. It's wrong, and you all know it, and to allow him to carry on like this, to set this precedent for any new players that we might get who might want to re-enact such a state of play that is so aggressive and counter-productive to the goal of the game...

Shame on you.
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby Vee on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Maverick1978 wrote:.pin drop

Well, apparently that's my answer. Apparently nalle isn't camping. Apparently it's ok for him to do what he's doing: to flaunt the rules of the site. To disregard the spirit of good will and fair play that spawned the rules in the first place. To knowingly and purposefully disrupt the flow of the game. To spit in the eyes of the mod team as well as each and every person that plays on and uses this site. Apparently all of that is ok.

Playing the way that he is, if this were a new player, we'd be coaching him. If he were a new player, we'd be talking to him about camping. About the goal being to kill the dragon, etc. And if he ignored that advice and continued to be disruptive, he would be hammered by the mod team (it's been done before). But because this is nalle, and we all know that nalle already knows ALL of this, we allow him to play this way, to do these things, to disrupt the game simply because he is playing like a newb? Why the double-standard? In my 6 years here, I've never seen a newb carry on like nalle is doing. It's wrong, and you all know it, and to allow him to carry on like this, to set this precedent for any new players that we might get who might want to re-enact such a state of play that is so aggressive and counter-productive to the goal of the game...

Shame on you.

I guess if you look at it like that... but you know what, there are always gonna be people out there like him and maybe the more we go on about it the worse he'll get. If you ignore the problem, maybe it'll go away?
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby the mystical one on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:25 pm

I'll be sure to add a 'Veteran's Rules' and a 'Newbie Rules' section at the next update. I might also have to add in special rules for 'Players who are really, really good.'

Last I looked (a week ago), he was playing slower than he is capable, but the rules aren't 'is playing slower than is capable.' Things he was doing weren't strictly optimal, but they certainly weren't suboptimal.

Today, now that I look at his past few days and actions, I'm certain the camping shoe fits. So, gone.

EDIT: Or maybe the punishment system is broken. Argleblargle.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Warrior on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:33 pm

That punishment doesn't work, I didn't even get any rule violation message. I had str:10 def:1 on level 12 and when selling "100/100" (got only about 200 gold pieces) and buying 40/10 I have now str:810 and def:301. No need to fix this, I can let the character to expire. That 40 duel-kills is enough this round.

The punishment was justified, it's been obvious camping rule violation recently; I bought every weapon and armour from 1/1 to 100/100 to play time, but with around 100/40 it became camping when I had to start wasting skills in the forest and cashing fairies to stay on 12 as long as possible.

By the way that warning message is too long (can be found here http://lord.nuklear.org/rules.html ). It doesn't fit one line and probably last two sentences are not visible. You should use 2-3 lines when writing that kind of long message. There's a thread about this in admin forum, probably 2nd or 3rd topic I opened there.
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby the mystical one on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:25 am

I manually edited in the punishment. Forgot to change the HP and level. Oops.

Didn't look at enough to realize you were buying every weapon and armor, or this would have been done a week or more ago.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Maverick1978 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:14 am

tmo, thanks for looking into this. There was no doubt in my mind that he was camping, buying/selling equipment and cashing fairies to purposefully stay on level 12 - I just couldn't prove it. I knew that for sure about 10 days ago when I watched him for two straight days sit in the game for over 20 minutes, doing nothing, but waiting for anyone that happened to login while he was playing - he'd been on level 12 long enough to have easily DK'd even then, even playing conservatively.

FWIW, and I'll say this publicly, as I said everything else publicly... I'm sorry for calling you guys out. With very little exception, I've always thought that you and your mod team have done a great job around here keeping the peace, and I've told you so both publicly and privately in the past. I just couldn't reconcile why this was allowed to continue. And while I've no idea how exactly one could change the rules' wording to be both fair and prevent this from happening in the future, perhaps it's not even necessary? This is only the 2nd time such a thing has happened, with a veteran purposefully playing poorly to disrupt things (first time that they've flaunted it, however). Perhaps just a closer watch once things are reported in the future?

I dunno... I also understand that this isn't a job for you guys, and that you have your own lives too - and I totally respect that.

Thanks again.
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby (DK) Orion on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Maverick1978 wrote:Just putting this out there for discussion but I would like to submit nalle as a camper in red as defined by no significant progress being made.

I love it! Kudos to Mav for calling him out.
Another camper bites the dust.

Although this one sounds more like trolling... and nobody likes a troll.
Should've gotten a PERMA-BAN!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(DK) Orion
Eternal Sovereign Lord of Righteous Judgment
Eternal Sovereign Lord of Righteous Judgment

Postby Vee on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:55 pm

(DK) Orion wrote:I love it! Kudos to Mav for calling him out.
Another camper bites the dust.

Although this one sounds more like trolling... and nobody likes a troll.
Should've gotten a PERMA-BAN!

I like trolls.. gives me some entertainment :)
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Maverick1978 on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Orion! - Glad to see you still around... Ever gonna wipe off the rust, pull out your sword, and go slaying again? :)
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby Jessrond on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:35 am

Everyone should play again.

EVERY ONE.
Jessrond
Wans Beast
Wans Beast
Chad Vader
  @Blue Realm
Itchman
  @Green Realm
Halder
  @Red Realm

Postby Combat on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Gorilla, he is my type of player. How about this for a change, why can't we folks who enjoy PK have a realm all to ourselves?? I believe that would solve a lot of issues about camping and so forth even though many do not camp but stay at a level to become very strong for the next.

Vee wrote:
Warrior wrote:Here is my duel-kill list, isn't it beautiful!?!?

It's absolutely smashing, penis :P
Combat
Membrain Man
Membrain Man

Return to Fair play