Forum Index > Fair play > Camper List

Someone breaking the rules? Need to vent about it? Duelkilled unfairly? Talk about it here. Anything regarding rules, rulebreaking, or bugs should go here.

Moderators: ChiliCat, Board Moderators

Re: Camper List

Postby naLLe on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:31 am

set to dead
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby naLLe on Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:41 am

Walker wrote:Me alive at level 12. I went for the horse kill before my forest fights and then survived in the forest.

Next time make sure you die in the forest if you go there after you accidentally run from dragon fight. It's not quite fair if you try horse kill for couple of hits and then you finish your forest fights normally. Whether make sure you die there or skip the forest.
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby naLLe on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:43 am

I warned you for camping because you run from the dragon fight for strategic reason to go to finish your remaining 26 forest fights. In that kind of situation you should make a suicide in the forest to avoid violating the camping rules.

Quite a coincidence that it was Santa Claus who broke to rules at Christmas
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby Ugly Duckling on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:38 am

Wait... I think I need to clarify what I am reading...

So one way to trigger a horse kill is to run from the Dragon? Is that what I am reading? Otherwise I don't see why you would fight the dragon before you do your forest fights. Are you allowed to challenge the dragon more than once? I am confused at why someone would run from the dragon and fight the dragon before doing their forest fights.
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby a fishstick on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 am

The strategy is:

(1) Fight dragon, hope in the first few hits (after light shield), it takes the horse and you then "slay" it.
(2) If you're at 100hp and the dragon hasn't yet killed your horse, you might as well run and use your day. Running has no effect on the odds.
(3) Then finish the FF you were planning on skipping anyway.

Basically, try for the horsekill before you accidentally die in the forest / your horse accidentally dies.

You can only fight the dragon one time. So, when you run, you're done with it for the day.

I saw Walker quit to the fields and thought, "WTF?" I think it's fine to do this in blue realm, but in green/red, it's willfully playing against the rules and thereby making your character need to be admin-killed, which is (a) kind of annoying for an admin. And, (b) suppose naLLe had not been around to set Walker to dead, there goes the "game" - especially if this were to happen late in the round.

So...don't. :tsktsk::
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby naLLe on Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:32 am

Setting characters to dead is no problem at all. I'm glad to help anytime. That's cost-free service and you also receive a diploma* that congratulates you. If you're a VIP (need my service more than once), you don't even have to slay the dragon to get yourself back to level 1. Read here how to become a VIP.

* begins with a red topic that says "RULE VIOLATION"

The strategy mentioned in previous post is good, but it would be better with an addition: (4) If you're in Green/Red realm, find a way to die before you log out, otherwise you're camping which is against the rules
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby Ugly Duckling on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:16 am

Thanks for those explainations and warnings! :biggergrin:
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby injektilo on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:48 am

I really expected a known cheater would try to play well within the rules to get their credibility on this forum back.

Guess not. :roll:
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby the mystical one on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:51 am

Did anyone verify that he tried to die in the forest?

I mean, if he didn't die in the forest, he should have tried harder to do so. I don't care if he runs from the dragon so long as he succeeds in forest death.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby naLLe on Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:54 am

I didn't see there any kind of real attempt at dying in the forest. 2nd last forest fight: a Giant surprises, Your Hitpoints : 214 ---> Run and Heal. He finished his day alive on 12 ---> camping warning.
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby the mystical one on Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:31 am

Fair enough.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Sir FB on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:27 pm

injektilo wrote:I really expected a known cheater would try to play well within the rules to get their credibility on this forum back.

Guess not. :roll:

Oooh, that's gonna leave a mark.

The thing about human beings is that they very rarely change. It is better to recognize and accept this fact than to grasp onto some Pollyannish view that punishment rehabilitates people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recidivism
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby a fishstick on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:28 am

Jennifer alive at 12 in Red.
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby naLLe on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:30 am

warned
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby Garwulf the Skald on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:38 am

Alyus has over 10 million XP and a conspicuously large weapon in Red - should he be getting a camping warning?
Current: The Eternity Quartet (with Ed Greenwood)
Demonsbane, in Diablo Archive (Pocket Books)
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Agora (Legacy Books Press)
http://home.istar.ca/~delric/home.html
Garwulf the Skald
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby naLLe on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 am

Garwulf the Skald wrote:Alyus has over 10 million XP and a conspicuously large weapon in Red - should he be getting a camping warning?

Alyus logged out with less than 8mil exp so not violating the camping rules today. (They got that over 10mil in self-defence)
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby beemermarvolo on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:23 am

Alyus in the Red Realm with 2,950,378 exp and only at level 8... There's 7 other players at a higher level than him with less experience. Is this considered camping?
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar. 我是一片葉子在風。觀看我騰飛。
beemermarvolo
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby naLLe on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:29 am

beemermarvolo wrote:Alyus in the Red Realm with 2,950,378 exp and only at level 8... There's 7 other players at a higher level than him with less experience. Is this considered camping?

It's OK to stay at level 8 until you have more than 10mil exp and better than 4mil/4mil equipments (or large amount of gold in the bank).
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby Ugly Duckling on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 am

4mil/4mil!?!?!?!?! NOOOOO that is camping. You don't need 4/4 to beat Turgon. It takes a long time to earn 8 million when you are getting around 25K-35K exp for your forest fights. That is just totally unnecessary. Sure with anything less than 4/4 Turgon could soundly beat you at his will. But it is only a matter of time before you beat him. You are better off going for it sooner and hoping you make it then wasting day after day to assure a win. I believe if you CAN advance you should try. Why someone feels the need to wait until they get 4/4 to fight Turgon is lost on me.

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby keu on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:29 am

Ugly Duckling wrote: I believe if you CAN advance you should try. Why someone feels the need to wait until they get 4/4 to fight Turgon is lost on me.

There should still be some threshold. 1/1 eq and 10.1M xp shouldn't be considered camping due to the rather big risk on ending up on lvl 11 with less than 10M. I think the 4/4 threshold is reasonable.
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm

PreviousNext

Return to Fair play