Forum Index > Fair play > Rules Revision Discussion

Someone breaking the rules? Need to vent about it? Duelkilled unfairly? Talk about it here. Anything regarding rules, rulebreaking, or bugs should go here.

Moderators: ChiliCat, Board Moderators

Postby Thyme on Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:10 pm

Edit: I posted a response to what mkiisupra1982 said, but I don't feel that it should be in this thread, since it doesn't really help us re-define rules.

So I removed what I said.
Thyme
Mud Man
Mud Man

Postby DariusSongblade on Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:33 pm

mkiisupra1982 wrote:
Thyme wrote:Normally that won't happen. Normally camping at level 2 is NOT the way to get to level 12. Normally it would take much longer. This one time it didn't.

I seriously doubt it wouldnt happen again. He could easily do the same every round. There will always be somebody trying to kill him without realizing how strong he is.

Hotshot is Hotshot. I doubt anyone else would ever come close. Oh they'd try, but they'd fail. Or, do it, but do it barely adequately on a fluke.

[/bows]

Yeah yeah. We're all good. He's better. I for one, will admit it.

/edit:
the guy a couple posts above wrote:I'm still opposed to the way other places do it by requiring a certain strength or vitality score to wield certain weapons/wear certain armors, UNLESS as Dazhbog says, it is *very* lenient and permissive. Diamond Mine BBS, for instance, has this system, but it is excessively restrictive. I've managed to acquire 15 million gold (and not from gambling, but from being frugal and lucky) there, but the most the game is letting me have is a set of Twin Swords.

The newest version of LORD is like this (4.07?)... but you also get STR and DEF for player kills too... all kind of odd - especially when the game up until that point was so much different.
DariusSongblade
Ex-SOLDIER
Ex-SOLDIER

Postby Dazhbog on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:33 pm

I'm not sure if this thread is meant for suggestions for changing rules so much as for suggestions for clarifying them, but I was thinking it might be cool if one could make 2-3 transfers of 1000 gold pieces per day in the colored realms. My reasoning is that sometimes several forum regulars and/or people you'd like to send congratulatory gold to kill the dragon at the same time. I suppose a rule to the effect that you couldn't send the multiple transfers to the same person would be unenforceable, but that would be the spirit of allowing multiple transfers. Just a suggestion.
“If I am occasionally a little overdressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.” -Oscar Wilde
Dazhbog
Wandering Hoosier
Wandering Hoosier

Postby Sir FB on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:49 pm

That suggestion is right out. No.
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby Dazhbog on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:21 pm

And your reasons are? 3000 gold pieces doesn't make or break anyone's game, even if people break the spirit of the rule and transfer the gold to one individual instead of 3. Or it could be 2. Or make the individual transfer 750, or something, but let there be 2 or 3 of them. What do other people think? This would be absolutely negligible compared to power gambling or bank doubles, etc.
“If I am occasionally a little overdressed, I make up for it by being always immensely over-educated.” -Oscar Wilde
Dazhbog
Wandering Hoosier
Wandering Hoosier

Postby louisfemme on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:30 pm

It would give an advantage to someone at level 1 - 2, especially if there are a few people giving to the one person on a given day. Plus, if it's hard to monitor, it could be abused.
louisfemme
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Sir FB on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 pm

Dazhbog wrote:And your reasons are? 3000 gold pieces doesn't make or break anyone's game, even if people break the spirit of the rule and transfer the gold to one individual instead of 3. Or it could be 2. Or make the individual transfer 750, or something, but let there be 2 or 3 of them. What do other people think? This would be absolutely negligible compared to power gambling or bank doubles, etc.

Oh, alright.

Because If I get four friends to transfer me 3K gold on the first day of level one, I will have 10/3 the day after killing the dragon. With 1K gold transfer, the best I can do is 3/1, possibly 3/3 with FFs.

Mostly because I feel that the rule is not broken and does not need fixing.

If you argued for 3 transfers of 333 each, I suppose I'd shut up, but that would be a minor hassle to transfer it all to one person. Kinda like test realm is now.
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby Amadeus on Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:14 pm

1- If you are at level 12 and you don't attack the dragon, you are camping, NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY, THINK, EAT, SHIT, ETC.

2- If you are lower than level 7 and you have more than 400k equipament, you are camping.

3- IF you have more than 12mil experienca and 10mil weapon OR armor (or money to buy any of them) and you DON'T TRY to go to level 12, you are camping, UNLESS something very special is happening at that time and you have a great and crazy strategy going on, be ready to explain it.

4- Now, smart ass, don't think we are stupid : if you have, for example, 4M/4M , and stays, for example, at level 8, and never, ever try to kill all those level 7,8 and 9 who are ALIVE and OFFLINE (specially that guy with 9mil experience, while you have 300k xp), you will be camping. (that example is very important, it happens a lot, people who have 100% chance of killing people and don't even attack them !).

Camping is a very hard rule to explain, cause it has THOUSAND of possible variations.Each case is a case.But I keep saying what I always did : 90% of people who camps KNOW they are camping.

(the other 10% are those stupid people who stays at level 4 with Super Dick Sword and Mega Materia Master Summon Monster Armor, no monster touches him at the forest, no level 3,4 or 5 is able to touch him, he can kill people at level 6 easily and STILL BELIEVES he is trying to advance... those people need spiritual advice, but they must be banned as well)
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Re: Rules Revision Discussion

Postby retroyoshi_2 on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:58 am

I say, in non camping realms just allow users equipment to be posted in the Red Dragon Inn. I mean, the only thing the campers are *really* doing is racking up self defense kills. I say let 'em, and we'll just avoid them.
retroyoshi_2
Evil Wood Nymph
Evil Wood Nymph

Postby Logos on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:26 am

That would work, if campers only would stay in their camp all of the time. Instead, they do play the game, and kill other players during their day online. So they take experience from the pool, and don't return it to those whom are competing.
Logos
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Postby retroyoshi_2 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:25 pm

How is that different from any other player logging online or slaughtering others? I always considered the asshat that sat at level 11 or 12 (or even the guy at level 1 with a Blood Sword) just part of the game. I know these things are par for the course in Blue...

My suggestion is just to make players aware of the campers, and non-campers just treat them like they are higher level players. Honestly, it's not hard to identify "campers" anyway.

Heck, I'm not even against "teamplaying" as long as it's out in the open. I'd even enjoy a strictly teamplaying relm even where you join teams and go against each other.
retroyoshi_2
Evil Wood Nymph
Evil Wood Nymph

Postby Einherjar on Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:49 pm

retroyoshi_2 wrote:Heck, I'm not even against "teamplaying" as long as it's out in the open. I'd even enjoy a strictly teamplaying relm even where you join teams and go against each other.

We tried that a few rounds ago in Special. My team found and exploited enough bugs that we're probably never doing it again. No other teams had the ability to all play at the same time consistently, so it wasn't competitive. Also, it turns into a bit of a grind real quick.
Einherjar
ShadowStormWarrior
ShadowStormWarrior

Postby Logos on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:28 am

retroyoshi_2 wrote:How is that different from any other player logging online or slaughtering others? I always considered the asshat that sat at level 11 or 12 (or even the guy at level 1 with a Blood Sword) just part of the game. I know these things are par for the course in Blue...

I won't begin to start this debate again. It has been debated to death repeatetly in this forum. Just read some old threads, and you'll have your answer.

Camping is OK in Blue, because it was deamed by those in charge that camping would be permitted.

Green and Red are more competitive realms, with their only difference being the rule about uninvited online duels. Campers do make things less competitive, as they aren't competing for the same goal as the realms were intended -- killing the Red Dragon.
Logos
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Postby Valkyrie on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:43 am

Logos wrote:
Green and Red are more competitive realms, with their only difference being the rule about uninvited online duels. Campers do make things less competitive, as they aren't competing for the same goal as the realms were intended -- killing the Red Dragon.

Ahem.
Pardon me, my good man. If I may? Thank you.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there on one small section of your argument. While I will willingly give you that campers make Blue realm less competitive than Red or Green in an overall percentage (i.e. a smaller percentage of the players in Blue are playing competitively to kill the dragon as fast as they can), the existence of campers in Blue realm does not make Blue realm less competitive as a realm for those who do play competitively within it. The obstacles a Blue player faces are merely a bit different than those a Green or Red player faces when he or she logs in to play.
It is true, campers take our kills. However, there are usually also more players in Blue than in Green or Red, so the experience pool does not dry out down to only the mucky level 1's and 2's in the inn, unless things go terribly poorly. It is true, they hog the experience and buy outrageous equipment to protect themselves. However, the top couple dozen players can usually keep up with the campers' equipment shopping sprees by advancing fast enough to earn enough skills to keep killing them with, specifically Shatter, Shatter + T, LS+Shatter, and double Shatter. M skills are your friend and one of the biggest keys on the keyring of success in Blue. And once competitive players start killing campers, that experience is bled back into the experience pool gradually.
I surmise you're thinking that this makes it easier to advance in Blue too, taking advantage of experience sinks, or those that kill them, like that. And that "easier to advance" equals "less competitive". If that is the angle you're going to take, so be it. I would posit, however, that it is much easier to gain kills in Green or Red, where you know within a level or two what equipment a player must have at the level they are at, and you know with relative certainty whether you will be able to kill them with your equipment or not. If someone begins to camp in Green, you merely whine about it to the Admins, and the problem is fixed. In Blue realm, we solve our own camping problems.
While it is also true that kills in Green or Red will net you less experience per kill due to the camping restriction, you are more assured of actually getting that experience in Green or Red than you are in Blue. Thus, overall, it is much riskier to log on and attack a player in Blue than in Green or Red, as there is less possibility of success on average. The reward is also greater in Blue, of course, as you will earn plenty of experience if you do manage to kill a camper. Less risk equals less reward, as it is in Green or Red, and more risk equals more reward, as it is in Blue realm.
Therefore I say to you, sir Logos: Bad form! Bad form! You denigrate our realm because it is not your own, and have not the grasp of the intricacies and subtleties, nor apparently the patience to receive understanding, as you have not played, that I am aware of, in the Blue Realm. Shame on you, sir, and fie! For it is verily true that the Blue Realm rocks the hardest, and any who play competitively there can easily enumerate the reasons why.

And now, I bid you adieu.

[/pseudo-Victorian rant] :dancing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
louisfemme wrote:Verkerer ermergerded mer percturr!!

Morgan C. Talbot
Jasmine Giacomo
Valkyrie
Eternal Empress
Eternal Empress

Postby TheKid on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:43 pm

Dang! Way to go. Was your Raisin Bran soggy this morning?
TheKid
Night Hawk
Night Hawk

Postby Valkyrie on Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Kid, stop peeking in my window. It was not soggy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan C. Talbot
Jasmine Giacomo
Valkyrie
Eternal Empress
Eternal Empress

Postby TheKid on Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:39 pm

FAIR PLAY? Changing rules???

Yeah, and people complain about getting killed by the Dragon 3 days in a row...let's get rid of the dragon...or Floating Eye...or Level 11...THIS JUST SUCKS!!!

DON'T CHANGE THE GAME AFTER IT STARTED

That's just not right. If people bitch about the rules they at least knew the rules going in. To change the rules during the game is just wrong.

I play SPECIAL for fun only cause I suck at the colored realms. Now you are making it competetive.

Worry about attracting new players...you'll keep your old players...and lose new and somewhat new too.

I know no one will care what I say, but I said it anyway.

And I'm bitching about getting blocked out for 5 minutes again too...so there!
Here it appears that Aragorn lost his head and gave the Green Realm trophy to TheKid ~~~InkJet
TheKid
Night Hawk
Night Hawk

Postby Valkyrie on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:39 pm

It's Special, or, The Realm Formerly Known As 'Test'. Its purpose is to be changed at will. It's been too long, and y'all got acclimatized. Think of it more like...Chaos Realm. :twisted:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan C. Talbot
Jasmine Giacomo
Valkyrie
Eternal Empress
Eternal Empress

Postby TheKid on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:30 pm

Einherjar wrote:
retroyoshi_2 wrote:Heck, I'm not even against "teamplaying" as long as it's out in the open. I'd even enjoy a strictly teamplaying relm even where you join teams and go against each other.

We tried that a few rounds ago in Special. My team found and exploited enough bugs that we're probably never doing it again. No other teams had the ability to all play at the same time consistently, so it wasn't competitive. Also, it turns into a bit of a grind real quick.

Bug expoltation is illegal in all realms, yet you admit doing it...and also snitched on your team members.
Here it appears that Aragorn lost his head and gave the Green Realm trophy to TheKid ~~~InkJet
TheKid
Night Hawk
Night Hawk

Postby Valkyrie on Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:14 pm

TheKid wrote:
Einherjar wrote:

Bug expoltation is illegal in all realms, yet you admit doing it...and also snitched on your team members.

It wasn't illegal when we did it, Kid. Our doing it is WHY it's illegal now. :twisted: And moderate bugs are allowed in Special. Just not repeated bug exploitation. Example: lay bug = ok. Repeated resurrect bug = not okay. Capisce?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan C. Talbot
Jasmine Giacomo
Valkyrie
Eternal Empress
Eternal Empress

PreviousNext

Return to Fair play